At PVH, CSR is central to how we conduct business and applies across our operations and supply chain. We have been promoting human rights and worker well-being for over 20 years, and have been increasingly focused on the environment and our communities. Our objective is to make PVH a superior place to work, as well as making positive impacts on the environment and the people in the communities where we live, work and operate.
During 2014, we evolved our approach to CSR to reflect the broader scope and global footprint of our business operations. Our objective is to empower people, preserve the environment, and support communities – from source to store. This new approach considers how we source fabric, design and manufacture products, and engage with stakeholders. We began to apply this framework in 2014 with a focus on enhancing our human rights program, implementing a chemicals management action plan, and introducing a more strategic philanthropic agenda, among other initiatives.
Several highlights from our CSR agenda include:
- Empowering people is a key priority and we seek to make positive impacts in the lives of all who are touched by our business – from associates to consumers to the workers who make our products. This includes protecting human rights, celebrating diversity, engaging our associates and fostering safe working conditions.
- Preserving the environment motivates us to identify more sustainable ways to operate, produce and sell products. This concept is integral to PVH’s CSR strategy, and is a key component of PVH’s new “Source to Store” CSR framework.
- Supporting communities in which we operate around the globe is a long-standing priority and key to PVH’s culture. We invest in communities through philanthropic initiatives, non-profit partnerships and associate volunteerism. In 2014, we donated nearly $13 million to a range of non-profit organizations, approximately $5 million of which was in the form of corporate cash contributions. Through our donations, we continued in our philanthropic mission to support the needs of women and children around the world.
- Continuing to build a connected global PVH community will engage our associates, improve productivity, and we believe, drive superior results across the organization. PVH has evolved significantly in recent years, and is now the second largest apparel company in the world, with over 30,000 associates in more than 40 countries. In addition to driving connectivity among our associates, we also pride ourselves on creating an inclusive corporate culture that values diversity.
Our efforts have been recognized by Corporate Responsibility Magazine, which has ranked PVH as one of the top 100 “Best Corporate Citizens” for six years in a row.
2015 recognitions include:
- We placed #77 on its “Best Corporate Citizens” list (marking the sixth year in a row that we placed in the top 100)
- We received the #2 ranking in the Human Rights category
- We received the #20 ranking in the Employee Relations category
We believe that our dedication to CSR across our company is and will continue to be a key competitive advantage as we strive to deliver future growth and stockholder value. We report publicly on our CSR accomplishments, challenges and goals to generate awareness, dialogue and engagement toward better practices. Additionally, we provide updates regularly through our annual CSR reporting on PVHCSR.com
CA Transparency in Supply Chains Act Disclosure
The California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 (SB 657) requires us to disclose our efforts to eradicate slavery and human trafficking from our direct supply chain for the products we sell.