Central to our identity is a genuine commitment to corporate social responsibility, a fundamental component of how we run our business that is directly linked to our strategies and practices.
We see CSR as a journey that is marked with challenges to be confronted and opportunities to be seized. We report on our CSR efforts, performance and vision for the future. We continually move toward increased transparency and accountability to the public.
We continue to operate our business in a manner that clearly incorporates our guiding principles and ethics. Over the years, this has led to:
- The development and continued expansion of comprehensive Workplace programs
- Robust programs to protect the Human Rights and fair labor practices for factory workers who produce our products around the world
- Wide ranging Community service and philanthropic efforts
- Emergent initiatives and strategies aimed at protecting the Environment
Chemical Management Commitment and Action Plan
At PVH, we are committed to working in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. As part of this commitment, we have created a Chemical Management Strategy and Chemical Management Action Plan to eliminate hazardous chemicals from our supply chain by 2020. The Action Plan includes:
- Creating one global restricted substances list (RSL) and testing protocol that will apply across all our businesses and operations. The RSL outlines all substances that are restricted from use either through regulation or through agreement. The RSL is a key resource that will help our associates and suppliers achieve zero discharge of chemicals across the lifecycle of our products by 2020. We have made this resource publicly available so that our customers, investors and all other stakeholders have more insight into how we operate.
- Joining the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) Programme, a coalition of leading international brands in the apparel and footwear sector working together to improve environmental performance and chemical safety.
- Through a pilot study, identifying where in our supply chain hazardous chemicals can be found and working to eliminate or find substitutions for these chemicals.
For additional information on PVH’s chemical management initiatives, please see the PVH Chemical Management Commitment and Action Plan.
CA Transparency in Supply Chains Act Disclosure
The California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 (SB 657) requires us to disclose our efforts to eradicate slavery and human trafficking from our direct supply chain for the products we sell.