At PVH Corp., we recognize that the protection of our planet’s natural resources is one of the most important issues facing the world today. We are committed to incorporating environmentally responsible practices into all of our business activities and, over time, achieving environmental leadership in our industry, as well as playing our part in the global fight against climate change. We are taking steps to manage resources responsibly in the face of increasing resource scarcity. In particular, we aim to reduce our carbon footprint by cutting energy consumption and increasing energy efficiency – both within our business and across our value chain. We are also focused on reducing and phasing out hazardous chemicals, safeguarding water resources, innovating towards more sustainable packaging and sourcing raw materials in a way that respects people, animals and the environment.
We address environmental and climate change impacts across our owned and operated facilities, products and packaging and supply chain as referenced below and our efforts, successes and specific targets are included in our annual Corporate Responsibility Report, which is available on our corporate website.
Owned and Operated Facilities – Offices, Warehouses, and Stores
We strive to manage our facilities in an environmentally responsible fashion, carefully considering our impacts on soil, air and water at all our locations. To achieve this goal, we
- Practice waste reduction by seeking to reuse or recycle as much of our waste as possible.
- Develop and implement initiatives to reduce our energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Encourage frank and open communications among workplace environments.
- Continue to explore cost effective means to reduce our use of water, paper and other resources.
- Use, when feasible, materials that are designed to have minimal impact on the environment.
Products And Packaging
We endeavor to consider the environmental impacts of the materials used in the manufacturing and packaging of our apparel and other products. Our efforts include:
- Reviewing raw materials to identify ways to source them more sustainably.
- Working to remove hazardous chemicals from our supply chain, per PVH’s Chemical Commitment and Action Plan.
- Reviewing packaging strategies and materials to reduce and make the best use of recycled and recyclable materials.
We recognize that our supply chain processes impact the environment. While we do not have direct control over our suppliers, vendors and service providers, we:
- Require our suppliers and vendors to comply with applicable environmental laws in their countries and encourage more efficient environmental performance at their facilities and in the communities in which they operate.
- Seek to have our suppliers and vendors meet our environmental requirements with respect to waste water, hazardous chemicals, air quality and waste management.
- Consider environmental performance in our sourcing decisions.
- Include environmental considerations in our transportation decisions. This involves encouraging our third-party transportation providers to participate in organizations and in programs that seek to improve transportation management with regard to air quality, energy efficiency and other environmental impacts.
We measure our environmental performance with regard to the areas discussed above and we will set targets to assist us in measuring and improving our performance. Additionally, we seek to:
- Set quantitative goals and review key performance indicators to continuously measure environmental performance.
- Collect environmental data with regard to certain key metrics for all facilities and monitor and report on progress.
- Report any performance issues to local facility teams to address problems.
Communications And Aspirations
We communicate our environmental efforts and aspirations internally and externally, acknowledging our activities and successes as they occur, including the following initiatives:
- Publishing an annual Corporate Responsibility Report that is available to all stakeholders and includes a section dedicated to our environmental efforts and results.
- Leveraging internal communication channels for environmental communications, including PVH’s intranet, The Thread, and the bi-weekly PVH Corporate Responsibility “News to Note” internal newsletter, among other communications.
- Partnering with external groups that encourage environmental awareness and responsibility.
- Encouraging associates to support and get involved in environmental issues through various initiatives.
Our Chief Executive Officer and Senior Management team oversee this Environmental Policy with input from the Corporate Social Responsibility Committee of our Board of Directors.
Click here to download PDF