September 22, 2020
At PVH, we strive to create an environment where every individual is valued and every voice is heard. We recognize our responsibility as a company to support voter participation and encourage our associates to join in the democratic process.
PVH is part of the Time to Vote initiative, a nonpartisan coalition of companies committed to our collective stance that everyone should have the opportunity to vote. Ensuring our associates have the opportunity to vote is part of our company’s purpose to drive fashion forward – for good. With Election Day approaching on Tuesday, November 3, we want to do the right thing by providing our associates with the tools and the time to cast their ballots.
This year, the US is in the unprecedented situation of holding a Presidential election during a global pandemic including a record shortage of poll workers, necessary to make sure elections run smoothly. For the safety and health of our associates and their communities, we encourage everyone to explore their state’s Vote by Mail and Voting Early options.
With that, we are implementing new policies to make it easier for all our US associates to vote this election season.
The company encourages associates to work with their managers in advance to schedule a plan for voting time and for managers to maintain flexibility to accommodate it.
- PVH is implementing a no meetings policy on November 3 for Election Day.
- We have already encouraged managers to accommodate personal needs and be extremely flexible as we all manage our personal obligations and working situations in this remote working environment. This should provide everyone with sufficient time to vote. If, nonetheless, for some reason there otherwise would not be sufficient time to vote, we are providing for US corporate associates to take up to three hours off to vote anytime on Election Day (November 3) or on the designated vote early dates per state guidelines without any loss of pay.
- Volunteering as a poll worker on November 3 for Election Day (or during the early voting period) is now an eligible activity for volunteer time off for US full-time corporate associates (this can also include any training that occurs during normal working hours related to volunteering as a poll worker).
- Our US retail stores will operate with shortened hours on November 3 for Election Day to allow for more flexibility to vote.
- Eligible US retail associates will receive two hours of paid time off to vote throughout the day on November 3 for Election Day or on the designated vote early dates per state guidelines.
- US retail associates will be eligible for up to six hours of paid time off to volunteer as a poll worker (this can also include any training that occurs during normal working hours related to volunteering as a poll worker) in addition to their two hours of paid time off for voting on Election Day (November 3) or on the designated vote early dates per state guidelines.
- Warehouse shifts will remain the same as they currently allow for ample time to vote.
- PVH will provide two additional hours of pay to ensure that our associates have increased flexibility to vote outside of working hours.
Leading up to Election Day, we will provide our associates with weekly resources and information to assist their voting plan through a dedicated channel on our internal mobile app, PVH Insider.
PVH is committed to creating positive impacts in the communities where we work and live and look forward to having our associates voices heard this election.