At PVH Corp., we recognize that the protection of our planet’s natural resources is one of the most important issues facing our world today. We are committed to addressing climate change and incorporating environmentally responsible practices into all of our business activities and, over time, achieving environmental leadership in our industry. We have five environmental commitments focusing on greenhouse gases, water, packaging, materials and chemicals. Our goal is to minimize the environmental impacts of our business units and operational activities using the strategies discussed below.
Details about our efforts, successes and specific targets are included in our annual Corporate Responsibility Report, which is available on our corporate website and at PVH.com/CR.
PVH’s Chief Executive Officer and Senior Management team oversee this Environmental Policy with input from the Corporate Responsibility Committee of our Board of Directors.
FACILITIES – OFFICES, WAREHOUSES, AND STORES
We strive to manage our facilities in an environmentally responsible fashion. To achieve this goal, we:
- Develop and implement initiatives to reduce our energy consumption to support PVH in achieving its owned and operated greenhouse gas reduction goal of 35% reduction by 2030 from a 2015 baseline.
- Explore cost effective means to reduce our use of water, paper and other resources within our facilities
- Practice waste reduction by seeking to reuse or recycle as much of our waste as is reasonably possible.
We endeavor to reduce the environmental impacts associated with the materials used in our products. Our efforts include or will include the following:
- Making more sustainable fabrics and textiles choices to minimize environmental impacts, including sourcing more sustainable natural and synthetic fibers, with a focus on more sustainable cotton.
- Training sourcing, design and other relevant teams on sustainable materials and available alternatives.
- Leveraging industry tools, such as the Sustainable Apparel Coalition’s Material Sustainability Index and Design and Development Module to help evaluate different material choices and make more sustainable procurement decisions.
- Implementing a global RSL and committing to using safer chemistries in materials and manufacturing processes to protect the consumer, workers, sourcing communities, and the natural environment. This will help us achieve the phase out of hazardous chemicals from our supply chain.
- Maintaining a global animal welfare policy to ensure that we source materials of animal origin in a humane, ethical and sustainable manner with respect to animal welfare, and species conservation.
- Exploring circularity innovations and increasing the amount of recycled content used in our products.
PVH is committed to reducing the environmental impacts associated with the packaging used for our products by reducing the amount of material we use and sending zero waste to landfill. Our efforts include the following:
- Implementing PVH’s sustainable packaging strategy to reduce the overall environmental impact of our product packaging.
- Conducting an annual baseline to understand our key material use and impacts.
- Promoting the use of recyclable products and more sustainable materials, including those with environmental certifications or recycled content.
- Training relevant teams on sustainable packaging, including design and material alternatives.
We recognize that our supply chain processes impact the environment. To manage and reduce those impacts, we:
- Require our suppliers and vendors to comply with applicable environmental laws in their countries and PVH’s environmental requirements.
- Use the Sustainable Apparel Coalition’s Higg Index Facility Environment Module to measure the environmental impacts across our supply chain to ensure compliance with local laws and identify opportunities for remediation and capability building.
- Require our suppliers and vendors to adopt the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) Manufacturing Restricted Substance List (MRSL) to eliminate the discharge of hazardous chemicals in the manufacturing process.
- Identify where our suppliers’ facilities are located in high water risk areas and work to address issues through multi-stakeholder collaboration.
- Seek to minimize our environmental impact in transportation by encouraging our third-party transportation providers to participate in organizations and in programs that seek to improve transportation management with regard to air quality, energy efficiency and other environmental impacts, and rolling out efficiency programs across our own fleet, including the EPA SmartWay Program.
We will continue to measure our environmental performance with regard to the areas discussed above and we will set targets to assist us in measuring and improving our performance. In addition to the qualitative goals in our key environmental focus areas, we seek to:
- Set goals and review key performance indicators to continuously measure environmental performance and drive improvements.
- Collect environmental data with regard to certain key metrics for all facilities and monitor and report on progress.
- Report any performance issues to local facility teams to address problems.
COMMUNICATIONS AND ASPIRATIONS
We communicate our environmental commitments internally and externally, acknowledging our activities and successes as they occur, including the following initiatives:
- Publishing an annual Corporate Responsibility Report that is available to all stakeholders and includes a section dedicated to our environmental efforts and results.
- Partnering with external groups that support environmental awareness and responsibility.
- Encouraging associates to support and get involved in environmental issues through various initiatives within the company.
Click here to download PDF