Last Updated December 2022
- What Information and Personal Information We Might Collect About You
- How We May Use Your Personal Information
- How Is Your Information Shared
- What Choices Can You Make About Your Data
- US Privacy Rights
- How Do We Protect Your Data
- Contact Information
- Special Notice for Canadian Users
- Supplemental California Privacy Notice
- Business Partners
- International Data Transfer
1. What Information and Personal Information We Might Collect About You
You can visit www.PVH.com without actively revealing information that directly identifies you (such as your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address). However, certain areas of the Website may prompt you to contact us or provide with questions or comments. We may be required by law to collect certain personal information about you, or it may be necessary for us to collect personal information in order to provide you with the information or materials you request. If you do not provide this information, we may not be able to meet our obligations. We will inform you at the time your information is collected whether certain data is compulsory and the consequences of the failure to provide such data.
Information that you provide
In order to provide customer service, improve our products and services, provide in-person experiences or events, engage with you on social media and online, and send you information, we may ask you to provide your:
Identifiers: such as your name, postal address, email address, social media handle or telephone number
If you choose not to provide certain information to us, you may not be able to participate in an experience or receive other services or information.
Information that we automatically collect from you
When you visit our website we may automatically collect:
Identifiers: such as device ID, IP address, and online identifiers, such as cookie data.
Internet activity information: such as device type; browser types and version; browsing history; search history; interactions with our websites, applications, communications, and advertisements; referring sites; network activities when using our Wi-Fi; and content and pages viewed;
Location information: such as geo-location of your devices;
Other information we collect
We may collect information about you from activities related to other PVH businesses or third parties like web hosting providers, shipping providers, retail partners, analytics companies, social media platforms, data companies, and marketing and advertising services such as:
Identifiers: such as updated contact information, social media handles, device identifiers, cookie data or similar online identifiers.
Some of the information above is collected on our websites through web browser cookies and other technologies (web beacons/gifs, pixels, page tags, script) that receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us or third parties that may direct you to our websites. We may use similar technologies to collect information when you use our applications. We use these tools for a variety of reasons, including to analyze and improve our websites and applications, or to remember your preferences and provide more personalized advertising.
2. How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect for a variety of purposes, including:
- To provide, maintain, protect, develop, and improve our websites, applications and services;
- To improve your experience on our websites and applications;
- For customer service, including to respond to your inquiries and requests;
- To communicate with you about our and third-party products and services, in accordance with applicable laws and with your consent where required;
- To learn about the devices you use to access our websites, applications and other online services;
- To provide you with communications, recommendations, ads, and other information of interest to you, including via email;
- To protect our rights, as well as yours and others; and
- To comply with our legal obligations.
We may also use information for purposes disclosed to you at the point of collection, as authorized by you, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
3. How Your Information Is Shared
We may share your information with our third party service providers that work on our behalf, including by providing or fulfilling the products and services you request, website and application evaluation, data analysis, website improvements, and, where applicable, data cleansing, and other services performed on our behalf or on behalf of our affiliates.
In addition, we may share or transfer information about you to unrelated third parties:
- As required by law or a legal process, including investigating a potential crime.
- When we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of PVH’s or other persons.
We disclose the following categories of information for our business purposes:
- Identifiers: disclosed to service providers and contractors; affiliates and subsidiaries; law enforcement, public and government authorities, and others; advisors and consultants.
- Internet activity information: disclosed to service providers and contractors; affiliates and subsidiaries; law enforcement, public and government authorities, and others; advisors and consultants.
- User generated content (UGC): disclosed to service providers and contractors; advertising and marketing partners; affiliates and subsidiaries; law enforcement, public and government authorities, and others; advisors and consultants; retail partners; and joint marketing partners.
- Location information: disclosed to service providers and contractors; affiliates and subsidiaries; law enforcement, public and government authorities, and others; advisors and consultants.
At PVH, we do not share your personal information with third parties in exchange for money.
We may share your data in the event of an actual or potential sale, merger, acquisition or transfer of our business or assets.
We may use or share information that does not reasonably identify you with any third party and for any purpose.
We retain the information we collect for as long as we have a legitimate business purpose to retain the data, as long as permitted by law, or until you request we delete the data if such a right exists in your jurisdiction.
4. What Choices Can You Make About Your Data
Accessing, Correcting, or Deleting your Data
If you would like to receive a copy of the personal information that PVH has collected from you on PVH.com, or have your data corrected or delete you can email email@example.com and put “PVH.com Privacy Request” in the subject line.
5. US State Privacy Rights
Depending on the state in which you reside, you may have the following privacy rights, subject to statutory limitations:
Right to Know: Consumers have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose and sell about them specifically. In your request, please specify in your request the details you would like to know, including any specific pieces of personal information you would like to access.
Right to Correct: Consumers have the right to request that information we collected about them be corrected.
Right to Delete: Consumers have the right to request the deletion of personal information that we collect or maintain about them.
Right Not to Be Discriminated Against: You may not be discriminated against because you exercise any of your rights under state law.
Financial Incentives: From time to time, we may offer consumers who provide their email address, phone number and/or zip code to us for the purposes of receiving our marketing communications, free shipping, or sometimes a discount on an order. Consumers may opt in by entering their information when prompted upon first visiting our website. Consumers may opt out of marketing communications at any time by following the instructions in such communications. The financial incentive is permitted under state law because it is not discriminatory in nature—it does not deny consumers their rights under state law or discriminate against consumers who may have exercised their rights under state law.
To exercise the above rights, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and put “PVH.com Privacy Request” in the subject line.
If you submit a request to exercise your rights, we may ask that you provide certain information to verify your identity. The information that we ask you to provide to verify your identity will depend on your prior interactions with us and the sensitivity of the personal information at issue. We will respond to your request in accordance with state law. If we deny your request, we will explain why. If you would like to appeal a denial of your rights request, please contact email@example.com.
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request regarding your privacy rights on your behalf if you reside in California and:
- The authorized agent is a natural person, or a business entity registered with the Secretary of State of California; and
- You sign a written declaration that you authorize the authorized agent to act on your behalf.
If you use an authorized agent to submit a request to exercise your right to know, right to opt-out of the “sale” or “sharing” of your personal information, or your right to request deletion, please have the authorized agent take the following steps in addition to the steps described earlier:
- Mail a certified copy of your written declaration authorizing the authorized agent to act on your behalf to PVH’s Privacy Office; and
- Provide any information we request in our response to your email to verify your identity. The information that we ask you to provide to verify your identity will depend on your prior interactions with us and the sensitivity of the personal information at issue.
If you provide an authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465, it may not be necessary to perform these steps and we will respond to any request from such authorized agent in accordance with the CCPA.
6. How Do We Protect Your Data
We use commercially reasonable technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect the information that we collect or receive, in addition to contractual safeguards. Our websites use an industry standard encryption protocol known as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to protect your order information. Each payment transaction made through our websites and applications (or any successor or similar digital property) will be transmitted using SSL encryption. We review our security measures periodically. Despite these measures, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. If you believe that you were the victim of a scam related to PVH, visit the PVH Anti-Fraud Information Guide. Fraudulent charges need to be raised with your financial institution.
Children’s Personal Information
PVH is concerned about the safety of children when they use the Internet. Our websites and applications are not directed to children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a user is under the age of 13 and has registered without prior verifiable parental consent, we will remove their information from our files. If a parent or guardian discovers that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with information, we ask that you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. How Do You Contact PVH
8. Special Notice for Canadian Users
We may store or process your personal information on servers in jurisdictions outside of Canada, including in the United States of America. While your personal information is in a jurisdiction it may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of that jurisdiction, or otherwise, in accordance with the laws applicable in that jurisdiction.
A. Who and what information is subject to the CCPA?
The CCPA protects Californians with respect to their personal information. As a result, the Supplemental CCPA Disclosures and relevant CCPA Rights subsections below may not apply when they restrict our ability to comply with a court order or regulator with competent authority, federal, state or local laws, cooperation with law enforcement, exercise of our legal claims, or collection or use of de-identified information.
B. Supplemental CCPA Disclosures
Category of Personal Information:
We collected such personal information for the following purposes:
Identifiers: such as your name, postal address, email address, social media handle, telephone number, or Identification materials.
Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
We retain personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we retain your personal information for a period of time that enables us to:
- Maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes.
- Comply with record retention requirements under the law or other relevant legal or regulatory requirements.
- Defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims.
- Deal with any complaints regarding the services.
- Preserve historical records of transactions.
During the past 12 months, we have shared Identifiers; Demographic information; Internet activity information; Location information; Inferences; and Transaction information. certain categories of personal information about California residents with third parties and business partners in a manner that may constitute a “Sale” or “Sharing” under the CCPA, as described below:
If you are an EU resident applying for a position with one of our affiliates in the EU, please click here for more information. If you are an EU resident applying for a position with one of our affiliates outside of the EU, please click here for more information.
We may be required by law to collect certain personal information about you, or it may be necessary for us to collect personal information in order to process your application or provide you with the information or materials you request. If you do not provide this information, we may not be able to meet our obligations or process your application. We will inform you at the time your information is collected whether certain data is compulsory and the consequences of the failure to provide such data.
Information you provide
- Personal details (e.g., name, title, employer or organization)
- Contact details (e.g., phone number, email address, postal address or phone number)
- Additional information about you or your current and former employers or other associated organizations (e.g., employer and job title)
- Demographic information (e.g., age, education status, nationality)
- Resumé information (e.g., certifications, qualifications, work experience)
- Business travel information
- Professional memberships
- Information supporting eligibility to work Information that may be needed to assess your suitability or qualifications for a position
Information we collect from other sources
When you apply for a position, we may collect information about you from other sources, including:
- background check information from employment screening agencies or publicly available registers (as allowed by law), or references obtained during recruitment
- publicly available professional profiles on websites or social media (e.g., LinkedIn)
- demographic information (such as education/work histories, academic/professional qualifications, and employment histories)
- personal identification documentation and related information
- human resources data, such as job title and role; and academic and professional qualifications information.
We may receive such personal information from current and past employers, employment and recruiting agencies, references, government agencies, educational institutions, certification bodies, and background check providers.
How we use your personal information and the basis on which we use it
We use your personal information to:
- communicate with you with respect to your application, to respond to your questions or requests, and to maintain our relationship with you
- comply with the legal obligations to which we are subject and cooperate with regulators and law enforcement bodies
- process employment applications and enter into employment agreements
In particular, we process personal information:
- to enter into agreements with you, for example to initiate the employment relationship should we decide to hire you. If you do not provide the personal information we need for such purposes, this may prevent or delay the fulfilment of these contractual obligations
- to comply with our legal obligations, for example to respond to legally binding requests from regulators, law enforcement authorities or other government authorities
- to meet our legitimate interests, for example:
- improving and managing our recruitment process
- assessing your qualifications for employment
- information within the business and technical environments in which we operate for purposes of security and efficiency
- exercising our legal rights where necessary, for example to detect, prevent, and respond to fraud, violations of law, or intellectual property infringement
We may obtain your consent to collect and use certain types of personal information when we are required to do so by law. If we ask for your consent to process your personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details at the end of this Policy. We will inform you of the consequences of withholding consent at the time that we ask for your consent.
We may share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Service providers and business partners. We may share your personal information with our service providers and business partners that perform business operations for us. For example, we may partner with other companies to deliver communications to you, conduct background checks, or to process your application on our or our affiliates’ behalf. We authorize these companies to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- PVH Affiliates. We may share your personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates, such as CALVIN KLEIN or TOMMY HILFIGER for the purposes specified in this Policy.
- Law enforcement agencies, courts, regulators, government authorities or other third parties. We may share your personal information with these parties where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party. Where permitted by law or regulation and reasonably practicable, we will attempt to notify you of such requirements.
- Asset purchasers. We may share your personal information with any third party that purchases, or to which we transfer, all or substantially all of our assets and business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the entity to which we transfer your personal information uses it in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information.
Please see section 6 of this Policy for an overview of your rights, as well as section 7 for an overview of US state privacy rights. If you would like to exercise these rights as an applicant, please contact email@example.com and put “Applicant Privacy Request” in the subject line or call 866.513.0513.
11. Business Partners
EU-Based Business Partners:
If you work for a PVH business partner based in the EU, when you transact with us or our affiliates, we may ask you to provide personal information about yourself, such as your name and contact information. Please click here for more information about how we process your information and how you can exercise your rights.
US Based Business Partners:
If you work for a PVH business partner based in the US, when you transact with us or our affiliates, we may ask you to provide personal information about yourself, such as your name and contact information. Please click here for more information about how we process your information and how you can exercise your rights.
12. International Data Transfer
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a region that is not regarded as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal information under European Union law, by the European Commission, or under the laws of the country in which you reside. We put in place safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to protect your personal information. For more information on the safeguards in place, please contact us at the details below.