1. Categories of Personal Data, purposes of processing and legal basis on which PVH processes Personal Data
PVH may ask you to submit the following Personal Data when you apply for a position:
- Name (first- and last name)
- Address (including postal address, city and current country of residence)
- Phone number
- Email address
- Cover letter C.V. / résumé;
- Preferred country
- Preferred department
It is possible that you submit other Personal Data to PVH, for example in your cover letter or in a question you ask PVH through the contact page.
Purpose and legal basis
We will use your Personal Data which you submit for the following purposes:
- Application procedure: PVH is allowed by data protection law to use your Personal Data for the application procedure in order to pursue its legitimate business interest to recruit new employees and to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you. As part of the application procedure and depending on the function you apply to we may check your background by performing or having performed a reference check;
- To contact you about future career opportunities: PVH is only allowed, under data protection law, to use your Personal Data to contact you for future career opportunities if you have provided your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any given moment. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us using the details set out below;
- Assessments: Depending on the job opportunity you apply to, we may ask you to perform an assessment. PVH will always inform you prior to any assessment taking place.
- Performance: PVH uses your contact details to invite you to fill in a satisfaction survey. This allows PVH to improve the recruitment process. PVH is allowed under data protection law to use your Personal Data for this purpose in order to pursue its legitimate business interest to improve business processes.
2. Who has access to your Personal Data?
The Personal Data are processed exclusively by authorized associates of PVH and/or by external companies:
- Our authorized associates may have access to the Personal Data. Access will be granted only if necessary for the purposes described above and only if the associate is bound by an obligation of confidentiality;
- We may share your Personal Data with authorized associates of an entity of PVH if this is necessary for the handling of the recruitment procedure, to enter into a contract with you or otherwise necessary for the purposes described above;
- We may share your Personal Data with third parties acting on our behalf. These third parties may include: service providers, assessment companies, survey companies. In such cases, these third parties may only use your Personal Data for the purposes described above and only in accordance with our instructions;
- We may share your Personal Data if required to do so by law or court order, for example with law enforcement agencies or other governmental agencies.
3. How long will PVH keep your Personal Data?
Your Personal Data is retained no longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which PVH collects and uses them. PVH retains your Personal Data which you submit when applying for a position within PVH until four weeks after the position you have applied for has been filled, or – with your consent – for one year after the position has been filled. After the retention period your Personal Data will be deleted unless we are permitted or required by law to retain your data for a longer period.
What measures does PVH take to protect your Personal Data?
PVH has taken appropriate technical, and organizational (security) measures to protect the Personal Data it processes against accidental or unlawful processing, such as unauthorized access, disclosure, damage or loss of Personal Data.
4. Does PVH transfer your Personal Data to a country outside the EU?
In the context of the recruitment process of PVH or for technical and operational reasons, it may also be necessary for Personal Data to be transferred to third parties outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). For example, Personal Data can be transferred to group companies located outside the EEA, if PVH uses services from third parties outside the EEA, or if PVH is obliged to provide its information to foreign authorities.
It is possible that the regulations of the countries the third parties are located in provide a different level of (legal) data protection as in the EEA. PVH will take the measures based on applicable law that are necessary to ensure the lawful transfer of your Personal Data. In most cases, such a transfer will be governed by a contract based on the standard contractual clauses for data transfer, approved by the European Commission (European Model Clauses).
5. What rights can you exercise in relation to your Personal Data?
If you have any questions related to this Privacy Statement, please contact us using the details set out below. Through these contact details you can also request access, rectification, erasure, restriction or portability of your Personal Data. If you are not satisfied with the way we use your Personal Data, you can make a complaint with us through the contact details below and/or with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (in Dutch: Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens).
7. Questions and complaints
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or if you have a complaint, you can send us a request at:
HR HQ Amsterdam: HROperationsAMS@PVH.COM
Germany +: DEDataProtection@PVH.com
France +: HRFrance@pvh.com
NL & MEA+: HRPVH-NL@pvh.com
UK & Ireland: HRAdmin@pvh.com
Italy: HR.Italy@pvh.com Nordics: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Changes to this Statement
PVH may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. These changes will be announced on the Website of PVH. If there are any substantial changes made to the Policy during the term of the recruitment procedure, we will inform you via email.
Please click below for the preferred translations of this document:
Appendix 1: Local requirements
Contact details Data Protection Officer PVH Germany Dr. Stefan Drewes Kurt-Schumacher-Straße 22 D-53113 Bonn Germany +49 228 90248070 Drewes@privacy-advice.com